LetsDrive.ie on Facebook LetsDrive.ie on Pinterest LetsDrive.ie on Twitter 

LetsDrive.ie email LetsDrive.ie Blog 

LetsDrive.ie on Google+ LetsDrive.ie Prices LetsDrive.ie on YouTube

I am a Driving Instructor in Wexford town offering Driving Lessons for category B, cars and light vans.  I am a fully qualified, approved driving instructor registered with the RSA.  I will make you a more confident, safer driver for life at a fantastic price.

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

I cover Wexford town only.

I have been a fulltime Driving Instructor since early 2008. I started driving in 1996 and passed my own test in 1997.

Yes I can do that as long as it’s in and around Wexford town.

Yes I do. I always try and be flexible to suit the customer which is why I will offer lessons at weekends, bank holidays and in evening time.

Yes and there are great offers available. I can deliver the voucher to you or meet you somewhere. It’s a great gift idea for Christmas, birthdays etc…

Yes if your learner permit was issued on or after 4th April 2011.

You can use your own car if you want, but it must be roadworthy and you must be at a good enough standard of driving so that I don’t need dual controls.

All is explained by clicking on the First Steps link

You can get a second learner permit by applying to your local NDLS Centre before your first one expires. You don’t have to do a theory or practical test to get a second learner permit.

In this case it is necessary to prove to your local NDLS Centre that you have taken a test in the previous two years. If you have they will give you a two year permit. However if you haven’t done a test you have to apply for one and show your local NDLS Centre evidence of having applied (receipt or reference number). Then they will issue you a one year permit then. You do not have to re-sit the theory test unless there has been a gap of 5 years or more between learner permits

You can apply for the theory test online at www.dtts.ie. I don't recommend applying from any other website.

By purchasing the theory test book and CR ROM. The CD is the best way of practising as you can do mock tests on your computer or laptop.

Yes all new licenses and learner permits will be the plastic credit card type from 19th January 2013.


You can apply online at www.rsa.ieI don't recommend applying from any other website.

You have to get 12 if your learner permit was issued on or after 4th April 2011. For the test I always recommend at least 3 lessons but 5 or 7 is better. It is hard to give a single answer as every driver is different and people learn at their own pace.

It is best to use your own car if you are more comfortable in it. However it must be in good condition (see final checks for a comprehensive checklist). You should use the Driving School car if your own car is not mechanically sound or you have doubts about it. It depends on the individual, everyone is different. You don’t increase your chances of passing the test just because you use a Driving School car. You increase your chances of passing by being prepared and practising.

You will be asked some questions and road signs before the practical part of the test. It depends on the tester but usually about 5 or 6 questions and signs. These will be verbal and not written. If you get them all wrong it does not mean you fail your test but you will lose a mark.

You will be asked to identify some basic parts of the engine such as the oil, brake fluid, coolant, battery, water etc. You will not have to do anything practical such as change the oil or a tyre.

Yes you can have a translator with you for the verbal part. This can not be your instructor. The translator will not be allowed to be in the car for the practical part of the test.

Yes if you give 10 working days notice and you haven’t already cancelled twice.

No you will not be specifically asked to parallel or bay park, you may have to do so at the end when you are pulling into the test centre but that is usually straightforward. You will be asked to park on the left side of the road a few times during the test.

Normally 7 or 8 weeks but you could apply for a cancellation if you need it quickly.

Better Safer Driving - Cornering

Better Safer Driving-Motorways

Road Markings and Signs